Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Creating something from nothing...

Small business is tough. I do this because I love it and believe in what we are doing, but some days, David asks me why I give so much to it. I am not sure I have a choice in the matter. When there is a need, I am there to fill it no matter what it takes. I cannot imagine most employees of companies doing the things we do to make the quality products for our customers. For the past 2 years, I spent the hours between 11 pm and 1 am talking to our partners from around the world. I know that sounds crazy, but how else can you manage the logistics of designing, producing and delivering 200 products a year? It does make for very little sleep. I take this all very personally. When we cannot launch a product on time because of a flood in our factory, it has kept me up nights. I have spent nights counting out 2000 tins and driven 50 lb packages to Fedex for an urgent order to a customer. When something goes right, it is something we can be proud of, but when something goes wrong, it is something we must fix. I love this adventure that we are on, and I would not have it any other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home