Wednesday, January 10, 2007

6 months old - where does the time go?

Jonathan turned 6 months old yesterday. Unfortunately, I have the flu AND some sort of bacterial infection (just my luck!), so I am totally and completely out of it. I have been away from work for a week, and still, I am sick sick. I am often a little bit sick (allergies, small sniffles types), but I am rarely really sick. But here I am. Totally felled with a bout of the worst flu I have ever had. I was chatting with the doctor, and I mentioned I was in Hong Kong. And she said, "Yeah, most flus come out of that area of the world, so I am not surprised." Great! So I am in day 8 (or was it 9?) of this terrible sickness... Our house is a disaster AND CHA breathing down my neck. Not pretty at all. I was taking care of Jonathan with a bit of help from D while working until the new nanny started today. I was spending most of the day waving and talking to J from across the room so I will not infect him as well. Poor kiddo. I think he thinks I do not like him anymore. Even when I am feeding him with the bottle, I need to avert my face just in case I sneeze or cough on him. :(

Here is Jonathan on a Hong Kong MTR subway. I am putting into a HOF page, but I thought I would share. It was New Year's Eve at 11:30 pm when I took this photo. He is strapped onto his daddy for a night on the town. We met up with some friends for some traditional Chinese dessert, and then took the MTR to Times Square. J took it all very well. Hong Kong is a pretty tame place, though you may not know it watching all of those crazy triad movies David loves watch. If you ever watched The Departed, you know what I mean.

Give me 2 more days to recover, and I will start posting our sneak peeks for CHA Winter. Caroline and I are totally sick, so we are trying to get as much done as possible, but it is not easy. I cannot wait to share out cool new sneaks!

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrea Wiebe said...

i so hope you feel better soon...being a sick mommy is no fun :( that picture of Jonathan is just incredible!

1/10/2007 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger judi said...

Getter better soon, Deb.

(((hugs)))

1/10/2007 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

Just get some rest and feel better. If you really wanted to you could just email me all the new product and I'll post it on my blog :), no, don't like that idea? Well I had to try and I bet you smiled. :)

1/10/2007 02:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! Those pics are AWESOME Deb!! Here's a prayer you feel better SOON!!!!!

1/10/2007 06:44:00 PM  
Blogger Shirley said...

GIANT HUGS! Hope that you feel better soon (at least it's not bird flu). Adorable pictures!

1/11/2007 07:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you are feeling better soon. I can't wait to see the new goodies, it's just like christmas all over again!!

1/11/2007 11:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home