Monday, December 11, 2006

Laughing so hard!

I was listening to NPR and they interviewed the PC guy from the Mac commercials. He has these hilarious songs that he wrote and recorded a week as part of his blog (you can stream songs for free). Some are brillant social commentary like IKEA and Shop Vac (two great reflections on modern yuppie life) and others are just quirky and endearing (ike Millionaire Girlfriend and I Hate California and some are even educational like The Presidents. He is a new father and he has some beautiful "new parents" songs like DNA and You Ruined Everything. But my favorite is undoubtably "Code Monkey". That is SO much like my software engineer friends. Hopeless romantics wrapped with a CS degree from MIT. :) There is also the wacky "Baby's Got Back" sung to a folkish, pop beat. That song sounds very different when you are listening to him sing it. It has been a crazy week. I am really at a crossroads in my life. It is funny because before I went back to work, David commented that I was totally different when I was on maternity leave. I was laid back, relaxed, never sick, upbeat and happy. And now that I am at work, there is just a different level of stress. He mentioned that I was generally less patient and understanding. He used to tell me he hated BCG - Deb. I loved that job and was pretty good at it, but the stress of being a consultant and having to travel was really tough on me. So now, he started calling it the Day Job - Deb. I am at a crossroads at work and at home. So we will see how things pan out. Maya Road is growing like a weed, or a well cultivated garden, if you prefer. And I love love MR and everything about the industry and our niche within the scrapbook community. But I also love Jonathan and my day job. I really wish there were 36 hours in a day! But oh well... until I learn to bend the space-time continuum (like Hiro in "Heros") I am stuck with fitting it all in like a really tight puzzle. Sometimes I wonder if adding that one last piece will make the rest of it fall apart! Here is J in his little robe. When we got it as a present, I was thinking, do babies even wear robes? But it was so cute, I had to put it on him for a quicky photoshoot... :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I feel for you. I could be a SAHM but didn't feel complete, now I have NO time to enjoy myself. How to choose. Good luck!

J is adorable! Hef would be SO jealous!

12/11/2006 03:20:00 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

My goodness he looks so cute in the robe! I agree, get thatlittle man some slippers and he could totally kick hef's butt! :)

Hey, when you figure out the space/time continum please email me the info...I'm so needing it! (Gosh, I am totally fanatically in LOVE with hero's)

12/11/2006 04:43:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

GIANT HUGS! I think that it's a dilemna every mom faces. Totally adorable picture!

12/11/2006 05:26:00 AM  
Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

What a cutie

12/14/2006 04:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home