Sunday, January 08, 2006

Announcing a new addition...

David and I are having a baby! We are due in mid-July, and I cannot wait! We had been going back and forth for years about the "right" timing and finally, I sort of just gave in somewhere around our 5th anniversary and decided to start trying. I have to admit that I am a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to things. Once we started trying, I was anxious for it to just happen. Within 6 weeks, it did! Most days I do not even feel like I am pregnant. At 14 weeks, I am not showing and other than the usual signs of pregnancy and terrible back pain, I function mostly as usual. The first few months were bad, but not as bad as for most. I cannot believe I have a little life growing deep inside. It is somewhat surreal to imagine someone living in my tummy being nurtured by my blood. I try not to obsess though. It is too easy to worry about every little thing I eat and drink and every place I go, but luckily I have a really nice and pretty open doctor. He said that new parents worry way too much in the US and that stress is also bad for developing babies. So David and I are committed to trying to be judicious, but not overwhelmed with warnings and messages. So far it has saved our sanity... :) Caroline is due almost exactly 1 month before I am. Since we run the business together, this will be an interesting challenge, but we will figure it out together. We will probably be showing a bit at the CHA show in 3 weeks. So stop by and meet us and our babies... We debated naming on our babies Maya, but we decided not to. We do not want to leave out the other babies in the family wondering why the company was not named after them. I wonder how Dave Thomas' other kids felt about his chain of fast food restaurants named after Wendy... So we are looking for a good solid Biblical name like ours... Suggestions of both genders welcome!

13 Comments:

Blogger Celia said...

HUGE congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How wonderful!!!!!!! :D

1/09/2006 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger corinne5 said...

big congrats!!

corinnexxx

1/09/2006 02:17:00 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Congrats on the upcoming addition!!!
--Nik

1/09/2006 03:40:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Congratulations!!! Mid-July is a wonderful month to have a baby! ;)

1/09/2006 04:39:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

WONDERFUL NEWS! Congratulations!

1/09/2006 06:29:00 AM  
Blogger holly k said...

Congratulations!!!!!! How neat that you and Caroline are pregnant at the same time! :D

1/09/2006 06:49:00 AM  
Blogger SageHen said...

Congrats!
Biblical names ...
Asher
Elisha

I don't have anything original for girls, sorry.

1/09/2006 08:28:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!!! That's wonderful!

1/09/2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congrats!!!!

1/09/2006 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

yay!
the secret is out!

1/09/2006 07:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer S. said...

Congrats! I was going to say Dorcas too LOL!!!

1/09/2006 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger plualum said...

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!

1/09/2006 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger nic said...

Just catching up on old posts in your blog here! Congrats on the pregnancy.
Jsut letting you know that my daughters' middle name is Maya. She is Abigail Maya. Of course that is the traditional Russian spelling of the name Mia... but hey... it's still cool, right?! ;o)

Nic Howard
new Zealand.

3/17/2006 11:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home