Monday, August 14, 2006

6 years....

Six years ago on Saturday, David and I got married at Atlanta Chinese Christian Church. It is hard to believe that the time has passed so quickly. As I sit here thinking back on that day, I realize just how blessed I have been to have a wonderful and loving husband at my side over the past half dozen years. And now we have little Jonathan in our family, and I cannot recall ever feeling this happy or content. Certainly there have been a lot of struggles and trials, but in all of that, I have not doubted that we were meant to be. It has been a fun adventure together. In the past 6 years, we have done so much. We moved to California. David put me through graduate school. We started our company and bought our first house. David and I traveled the world from Bali to Alaska to England, Paris and Italy. And now we have Jonathan. We entered marriage not knowing where this journey would take us. But we knew we were traveling this road with the right person. What saddens me most as I think about the joy of our marriage is the state of marriages in general today. How can you love someone so much that you want to spend the rest of your life with him and then one day become such strangers that you never want to see that person again? I married my best friend -- the person whom I love more than anyone else in the world. After 11 years together, 6 of those in marriage, nothing has changed. The one thing that we do that is critical to our happiness is that we treat our marriage as "us against the world" not "us against each other". Certainly there are times when we fail (given how monumentally stubborn both of us are), but we always come back to apologize. David and I have been blessed immensely, so as we celebrate our 6 year anniversary, I pray for all of the marriages out there and for our own. It has been a wonderful journey of ups and downs, but with David at my side, I would not have it any other way.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jessica S. said...

Congrats on 6 years and here's wishing you many more years to come!!

8/14/2006 05:52:00 PM  
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

Congratulations!!!! Wonderful pictures!

8/15/2006 03:11:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Happy anniversary!! Beautiful pictures!

8/15/2006 04:53:00 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

happy anniversary! our anniversary is about a week apart. :)

8/15/2006 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger Lorrie said...

Beautiful photos and family. Your baby is absolutely adorable! Nice journaling too!

8/15/2006 05:45:00 PM  
Blogger corinne5 said...

Congrats girl! my six years anniversary is coming up too!

corinnexxx

8/19/2006 12:24:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy belated anniversary!
Gorgeous pic!!
~Dawn

8/19/2006 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Truly Us said...

hi D&D..congrats, how time flies :)..Jin and I will be celebrating 6 yrs next month! we miss you guys :)

8/20/2006 01:33:00 AM  
Blogger DJ Chuang said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary (belated)!!!!!! It's good to hear of your desire for one another, and your perspective on the two of you "against" the world.

9/16/2006 03:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home