Wednesday, August 09, 2006

One month old...

Jonathan turns 1 month old today. It is funny because I can barely remember life before this little guy came into the world. On Friday we hung out with a couple of our friends. It was the first time David and I went out without Jonathan since he has been born. And it was nice to do something that we used to do again like a normal couple. But when we went home, there was such a deep satisfaction and warmth in looking down at his crib and seeing him sleeping with his arms next to his head in a gesture of surrender. We are celebrating his first month with a Full Month party. In Chinese tradition, babies are introduced to the community after 30 days. Before that moms and babies are sequestered at home to protect them. In fact, moms are not supposed to leave their beds or shower for 30 days! Can you believe it? I do not think I could stand it. Jonathan went for his 1 month check up today, and he is 10lbs 11oz and 21.5 inches. When we got to the doctor's office, we had to wait a long time for them to get the new insurance set up. And while we were waiting, he was leaned all the way out of his Baby Bjorn watching the automatic sliding doors intently. He was literally captivated by the movement of the doors without human intervention. Everyday he is learning and growing so much that it is hard to believe that just 1 month ago, he was still inside of my belly. I am amazed by my little everyday miracle. Happy 1 month, Jonathan!

3 Comments:

Blogger Robyn W said...

OH too cute Deb
happy one month to you all

and BTW ewwwwww to the 30 days...lol

8/10/2006 12:21:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Beautiful picture! Happy 1 month. Hope that you post some pictures of the party! I didn't do the 1 month thing and showered the day of delivery in the hospital. I'm a rebel that way! ;)

8/10/2006 06:40:00 AM  
Blogger Lorrie said...

he is so beautiful! happy 1 month! Oh, and HOW can someone NOT shower for a full month. I would feel like I was rotting from the outside in! lol.

8/10/2006 08:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home