Thursday, August 31, 2006

Love at first sight...

I never believed in love at first sight. I am a very practical and logical person (read: unromantic). And honestly, I always believed that love is something that we choose, not something that just strikes. In fact, I believe that with the right amount of will and commitment, two strangers can marry and create a happy life together, just as my grandparents did. But it is different when you have our own little one. I knew I loved him even before he was born, but my first glimpse of Jonathan was so amazing. His little face (screaming bloody murder) was so perfect. And each day as he grows, I love him more and more. What is most strange is watching David fall in love with our son. He comes home from work and immediately picks up Jonathan to play with him. He fights to feed him and change his diaper. And sometimes I see him just standing over the crib watching Jonathan sleep. He sometimes holds Jonathan in his arms and when I reach to take him, David turns away and says, "I want to hold him." So sweet. :) It is so strange because David never showed much interest in children before. We have friends with little ones, but while he liked them in a general sort of way, he never really gravitated towards spending time with them. My mother-in-law said that even when he was young, David sort of avoided babies. Perhaps because he was an only child. Jonathan is growing so quickly. Each photo he seems to be different than the one before. Above are photos of him hand in hand with his grandma. Totally adorable!

5 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

So sweet! I miss that stage..... *sigh*

9/01/2006 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

I too miss that stage, don't get me wrong I can still stand and watch my kids, ages 13 and 16 sleep, and think how amazing they are but it's not the same type of amazement.
Deb, THANKS!!!!!!! I got the RAK today it's wonderful!!!!!! Thanks again

9/01/2006 06:07:00 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

It is God's gift to watch a dad fall in love with their child. Enjoy it!

9/07/2006 12:56:00 AM  
Blogger CD said...

look at that sweet face! I love the photo, it really is amazing how fast they grow and change, I am so glad to see you are taking lots of pictures and really cherishing this time with him. I Spent some time hanging out here tonight, nice to get to know you a bit better. hopefully see you in Vegas!!!

9/10/2006 05:40:00 PM  
Blogger Faye said...

and how could you not love that face. Such a cutie. Funny about men, I think the falling in love with their child hits them harder than it does the woman. Very nice to see that happening to them.

10/09/2006 08:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home