Monday, August 28, 2006

On the treadmill...

Today, I finalized the new line of Maya Road ribbon for Memory Trends. And in my hot little hands are all of the cool prototypes. They are amazing! I wanted to get them all - we had over 15 designs and 8 colors, but in the end, we picked our line from among them, selecting some and discarding others. They are like my babies, and no one likes to hear their baby is ugly! :) But such is the way of product design. You cannot have it all... though I wish. Our business has two parts. One is in the present and one is in the future. Caroline manages the day-to-day of our business like serving the customers and getting our shipments out. My head is always in the future. I am coming up with packaging, picking out materials and drawing out the next line. Once a group of products get here, I put together the images and catalogs and then I am already onto the next show and the one after that. My favorite part is actually when I go into the galleries online and see people actually using our stuff in new and creative ways. To be honest, I am terrible at keeping up with my scrapbooking. I love to do it, but there are not enough hours in the day. So as I am designing new products, I think of new ways to use it, but I rarely have time to actually do it. I live vicariously through our awesome Design Team and through C's great works of art while my house is completely covered in scrapbooking products you could never finish using in a lifetime. :) It sort of depresses me sometimes to see Jonathan's scrapbook so empty. So I vow to at least get one page done this week. Or he will not have anything to remember his early days by...

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

The next show!!!! I know it's sooner than we all think. But I still want the stuff from CHA Summer. As far as scrapping, I sorta know what you mean about having more supplies than you will ever use, if you want send me some pictures I'll work him into a class project then send you the sample when the class is over, I know Cass would love it.

8/29/2006 05:21:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

While scrapbooks are important, it's the memories behind the pictures that you would take to put into that album that will be truly treasured....

8/29/2006 07:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home