Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Nicknames... and a note to MR DT applicants!

David loves nicknames. I am not sure why, but he cannot manage to call our son, Jonathan or Shang Zhi for some reason. Here is an assortment of the cute names he likes to use:
  • Mr. Fussy - D used this the first few weeks when Jonathan cried non-stop due to acid reflux. Now that J is a happy well-adjusted baby thanks to the miracle of Zantac, D has mostly retired this name.
  • Bao Bao - or as I call him "Bo Bo" - means "precious" or "treasure" in Mandarin. My version is Cantonese. I love this. I call him my little Bo Bo all the time.
  • Xiao Ke Ai - means "little cutie". He usually uses this when he is hugging J and walking around the room. This one is so adorable.
  • Xiao Ren - for those of you who know Chinese, you will recognize this as an insult! It means literally "small person", but it is pretty negative. D used it as a direct translation of his favorite "little guy", but it really means someone who is little in personality, like a coward. So now he tries to say "xiao hao ren" meaning "little good guy". I just asked him to stop using it because I am listening to him accidentally insult my son like 3 or 4 times a day!
  • Little Guy - One of David's English favorites. He refers to J as his "little guy". A sweet old standby name. So sweet.
  • Mr. Stinky - J does not poop very often, so he ends up stinking up the room with his baby farts. Dude, they are potent. Sometimes I hear someone let one rip from across the room, and I look over and say "David!" And D points to J and says, "I am not taking the rap for this one, buddy!"
  • Sleepyhead - J is like D. He likes to sleep. Here is a cute photo of them in their favorite hobby...
After the evening feeding as I am pumping breastmilk, I often catch them like this on the couch. J loves it there. He will sit on Daddy's tummy and play with his fists shadow boxing in the air, and then he eventually falls asleep to D's snoring. So cute! And to all of you who entered the Maya Road Design Team contest: Thank you!!! I have started to go through all of the applications, and I am amazed at the wonderful quality of work that is out there. This is going to be very very very hard given the number of entries and the breathtaking work. I just cannot believe the amount of talent out there, and I am totally humbled that you want to be a part of the MR family! We only have 2 days to pick our finalists, so tomorrow is going to be a busy busy day... :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Don't you just love the way Daddys fall asleep on the couch with their first born babies. So cute and I'm sure an image lots of mums can relate to.
Good luck with what I am sure is 100's of applications

11/08/2006 01:42:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Love the nicknames! And especially love the sweet picture! BTW, does he know that you posted it? ;)

11/08/2006 04:40:00 AM  
Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

I love pics. like that, that's a keeper.

11/08/2006 05:37:00 AM  
Blogger Andrea Wiebe said...

lol...i love pictures of Daddy's sleeping with babies...so adorable!

11/08/2006 08:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such cute pictures!

Nicole

11/08/2006 09:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous pics..good luck with the new team:0)

11/09/2006 07:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home