Thursday, November 09, 2006

Looking ahead....

Okay, I am just putting up these photos because they are SO precious... I have been wanting to do this for a long time, and finally I did it! These are the kiddos of my friends from our Bible Study. One of them is always sleeping or crying, so I could never corral them long enough to get these taken, but finally, they were all in a relatively good mood (ok, except for J) and we snapped a few shots. I especially love the one where K is looking at J crying and going "Dude, what's up with him?" We have been wanting to move back to North Carolina since we moved here. I came to get my MBA, and we kept saying that we would go back. But the economy was terrible when I graduated. And it was hard for David and me to both get jobs. So I took a job at a Silicon Valley company and told them I only planned to stay a year. It has been 4 years now, and I still love that job. And David got a new job he enjoys at another tech company. And we set down roots. We like our church, enjoy our bible study and have a lot of good friends. The funny thing is that we have been living like we are leaving for the past 6 years, first in graduate student housing and then in our house. When we painted, I said, "Let's go with white since it is easier to sell". We never change anything or do anything to the house because we are always one year away from NC. And each year we still further away... It is hard to look at these photos and know that Jonathan will not be able to grow up with his friends. :( I am saddened by that so much. But our parents are back East, and we always knew this was temporary (well at least 6 years!). So maybe in a year and a half... On a brighter note: We picked our finalists for the Maya Road Design Team! It was SO hard since the applications were so good. We will be making calls tomorrow morning. C and I may be calling you! :)

10 Comments:

Blogger corinne5 said...

aaaaah! they look soooooooooooo cute! and I can;t wait to see who your new DT members are!

corinnexxx

11/09/2006 03:49:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Adorable! Can't wait to see the team! RTP is hopping now and getting very expensive [at least that's what our recent hires have said ;)].

11/09/2006 04:46:00 AM  
Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

What is it about baby photos that are just so adorable???? Even if they are grumpy, too cute. I love NC, my family is from there, in the Smokies.

11/09/2006 05:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those photos are great - the babes look like the should be in an ad for Baby Gap. Too cute. :) Good luck with your decision. I have been on your side of this (for my store) and I know how hard it is. Best wishes.

11/09/2006 07:38:00 AM  
Blogger Rhea said...

great pictures how cute are they? I bet chossing the finalist was so so hard!

11/09/2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Andrea Wiebe said...

those pictures are sooo cute...can't wait to hear who is on the new dt! so exciting :)

11/09/2006 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger Lorrie said...

Jonathan is getting sooo big! I love your photos!

11/09/2006 02:16:00 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

Thanks again Deb!!!! ;) And OMG that is one ADORABLE picture!!! Awwww....

11/09/2006 02:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those photos are just too cute..good luck with picking your dt,good luck to all who entered

11/09/2006 07:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deborah, this picture is 2 die 4!!! How cute is that??? Thanks for sharing it with us! Looking forward to seeing who is going to be on your AWESOME new Design Team!!!!!!

11/10/2006 07:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home