Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Life is precious

I have been thinking about a lot of things the past few days. Someone I worked closely with and respect a lot, was seriously injured in a terrible 25 ft fall. I cannot stop thinking about how much he means to those around him and how in a second, life has changed so much for him and those around him. His prognosis is good, but I am of the belief that you can never ever pray too much or appreciate others enough. And this just hit home on Friday when I heard about the incident, and when we had meetings and he was just not there. We hope to stop by and see him in a few days when he is past some of the major surgeries. Until then, your positive thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Life is fragile and too brief, so that is why I take lots of photos, journal like crazy and scrapbook. Should anything ever happen, I do not want any doubt in David and J's mind that I love them with all my heart. My scrapbooks would certainly not win awards, but they are precious to me and one day, (I hope) my children. There is so much focus on competition and the "art" part of scrapbooking sometimes, and I admit, I get caught up in it. There is a place for that , but recently, I have been thinking. I do not want J to one day look at a beautiful photo of him and some pretty paper and not know what I was thinking deep inside. I want him to read about the dreams I have for him, and who I hope he will one day be. Sure the photo will be pretty, and the embellishments will be nice (we do make them after all :)), but it is the sentiment and my wishes for him that will count more than anything. Or the memories of the fun times we had together. Even if it is a few words, I always try to put something down on paper and tuck it into a page. Here are a few photos from tonight. He accidentally pooped all over the floor (long story, don't ask), and it was a messy mess. So we had to bathe him early tonight. But he got to try out this cute new outfit from his Auntie Caroline. This is J in his eBay beanbag. It is the perfect size for his little body, and he enjoys sitting there for a bit watching me work. This is how I envision Jonathan when he is in his terrible twos. *gasp* He was grumpy because he was tired, so he was alternating between laughing and crying. He is usually a happy kiddo, but when he is tired, there is no stopping the grumpy faces... One last one. J hates tummy time and does not at all crawl. He just hates it with a vengence and instead has taken to rolling around back and forth. He also likes to stand. So here he is, after David propped him up on the futon. He also likes to pretend to walk between our feet. But no crawling for this little stubborn bao bao ("precious" in chinese). He looks like my little Carter's model, well, except for the drool... :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

P&PT heading to your friend. Adorable pictures! Have you tried Hyland's Teething Tablets? They really work!

2/28/2007 05:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! I swear with the middle photo, I can hear him saying "But mooooooooooom!".

2/28/2007 05:08:00 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

J is so cute! He has grown up a lot since we saw him a month ago - must be the haircut!

3/01/2007 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Airees said...

Hi Deb! Been reading your blog since last year and I am so inspired with your work and Maya Road.

Yes, you are right - life is precious. You'll never know when your time is up that is why scrapbooking our lives is very important. And I agree with you - its not about the pretty picture & embellies, but the STORY behind every photo...the memories.

I, too, have the same perspective. I'd like you invite you to my blog re: my recent ordeal....
http://aireescreates.blogspot.com/2007/02/thankful.html

Thanks for the inspiration...

3/01/2007 04:21:00 PM  
Blogger Airees said...

Hi Deb!
Thanks for dropping by my blog and for the message. And thanks for the prayers. I,too, will pray for your success not only for Maya Road but for your family as well.
Airees

3/02/2007 02:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home