Monday, February 26, 2007

Packaging...

I have been spending a lot of time thinking of packaging. Everything we have comes with so much of it, especially stuff for babies. We end up with so much left over "stuff" whenever we get anything. We bought Fisher Price pigs for our friend's babies (and our own) for Christmas, and there was more packaging that pig! Even if we recycle it all, there is a still a lot of energy used and trees killed to make the stuff that just holds the gift. We buy J baby food, and not only does it come in little plastic containers, those containers are wrapped with paper. What is the point of that? We wash out and save some of those containers for future use, but we have 3 new ones a day! So soon we will run out of space. Part of it is that one of my pet peeves is those crazy plastic packaging that is sealed on the side. And you have to take scissors to cut them out. I have cut myself on those sharp plastic a couple times as I am trying to tear into the packs. Ugh! Sometimes people ask me why we have metal tins for packaging. Yes, it is just a bit more than the plastic, but you can actually use it for storage. I use my extra tins to store my embellishments and organize stuff like my cut out rubons. I have a great idea for organization coming for CHA Summer. So if you are a MR fan, hang on to your hats! Here is a photo of J with his new friend. We played Texas Hold 'Em with his parents for babysitting for a date night. And lo and behold, D and I won! Yeah! :) J lent his little urchin hat (right) to his friend for a few weeks until he can stop wearing the head shaping helmet. And for my mother in law (who called to thank me for the last photo) here is one with all of his friends from church ranging in age from 4 months to 1 year old. Babies galore!

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

Hey he's got both socks on in both pictures.

2/26/2007 04:54:00 AM  
Blogger Am said...

Aww, that picture is so cute :) I just love little babies on big couches! It must be really nice to have so many little ones around the same age in your church. We have three in ours.

2/26/2007 02:33:00 PM  
Blogger Shirley said...

adorable pictures! can't wait to see what FAB idea you've got for us!

2/27/2007 05:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can so see an Anne Geddes photo with those babies!! CUTE!

2/27/2007 01:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home