Sunday, March 04, 2007

On turning 31...

Today, I turned 31... I used to wonder what it would be like to be on this side of 31, and today, I am here. When I was a child, I really hated where I grew up. (Sorry, Shirley, but it really was terrible in SC!) I hated how everyone dissatisfied with everything. I wanted more and more. It was always the next challenge, the next goal... I was never happy with who I was, how I looked, or where I was in life. But becoming a mother had changed all that. It is as if overnight, I went from an ambitious, ever-striving person to someone who is much more grateful and content. And I am happier than I could ever have imagined. A great husband, a happy baby boy, a job I enjoy, a company I am passionate about, and a family who loves me. What more could I want? I was sleeping, and David brought J over to the bed to take a few birthday photos. Here are a couple. And a couple of J at church today. He is playing in the infant room. Thanks to his Yee-Ma (C) for his cute sweater and khakis.

8 Comments:

Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

Well Happy Birthday!!!!!!! YOu have much to be proud of.

3/05/2007 04:22:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Happy birthday, you youngster! No need to apologize. adorable pictures!

3/05/2007 04:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deborah...I left you a cake in the 2Peas Pub...sorry it's a day late. Hope you had an abfab birthday!!!

hugs-Peg

3/05/2007 06:34:00 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

happy BD, may! J looks so grown up! he and noah can be twins in matching outfits!

love, jea

3/05/2007 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger Dale Anne Potter said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Deborah!
Hope YOUR day was the BESTEST ever!!!

3/05/2007 08:30:00 AM  
Blogger Andrea Wiebe said...

Happy Birthday to you Deb!!!

i love your pictures...little J looks too cute in that outfit!!!

Blessing to you this happy day :)

3/05/2007 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Truly Us said...

hi deb, many happy returns, albeit belated :)..still think of you folks often!!!
luv, jin and cindy

3/06/2007 07:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

3/07/2007 06:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home