Sunday, July 16, 2006

Turning one week old...

Everyday miracles, that is what a little baby is. I mean, millions of people have babies each year, but somehow it still amazes me that inside of my tummy, a little human being was knit together and became my beloved little boy. It has been a long week. I remember sitting at this same computer last Saturday night and telling David that I thought I felt a contraction. I went to bed thinking it was a false alarm, and within 24 hours, Jonathan was born. This has been a week of many emotions. I have not been as worried like this. Like when I was in the labor room and the doctor telling me that Jonathan was in distress and he had to be born immediately and I begged David to pray that our baby would be okay. And when he would not eat properly for the first few days and fight me as we tried to nourish him. And when he cried inconsolably each night for the past six as I begged him to sleep. But I also have not know joy like this either. Like when I saw him for the first time, wailing as the nurses held him. And when I held him in my arms just after, and it really hit me that being a mother was the most important thing in the world. And when I watched him impersonate superman on Daddy's back as he was being burped. It has been a long week of firsts for little Jonathan. He is our little blessing and the start to a new family. Jonathan's cousin Noah (via his parents, of course) sent along a little onesie. Jonathan is too young to go to CHA Summer, but in celebration, he is wearing his outfit. We will be there in spirit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karalynn Tyler said...

Deborah, he's so beautiful! What an amazing blessing! I can hardly wait to hold my own sweet baby! Totally adorable onsie too!

7/16/2006 08:03:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

So precious!

7/16/2006 02:44:00 PM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Beautiful! Hang in there, it does get easier!!!

7/17/2006 06:53:00 AM  
Blogger jonesie said...

love the feet!!! and if it makes you feel any better, he will sleep better SOON. Erin was the same way, and already at 4 weeks I can get her to sleep about 4 hours a night 5 days a week. And let me tell you I feel like a new woman!!!

7/18/2006 05:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home