Saturday, February 18, 2006

Baby Blues...

Before I became pregnant, I was convinced I wanted a girl. After all, I know how girls grow up - I was one myself. Little boys are a mystery to me. I think they are wonderful and adorable, but I could not fathom how to raise one. But once I became pregnant, I was convinced it was a baby boy. My dreams of pink scrapbook pages with pretty flowers on them faded as I started to imagine a life of blue, yellow and green. I had been preparing myself for the baby to be a boy even though I hoped for a girl. And guess what? It's a boy! David is ecstatic, and honestly, so am I! I am not someone with much intuition, but for some reason, I just knew in my heart. It is so much more real to me now that we know for sure. We went to get the ultrasound on Monday the 13th, and we asked the sonographer to write down the gender. And we opened it at dinner at Evvia (see photo above). I cannot wait to meet my new baby face to face! We have spent the week debating the names since we had picked the name for a girl, but struggled with a boy's name. So now to thinking about our new baby's name. We have 4.5 more months to go, so we have plenty of time to argue about it... :)

7 Comments:

Blogger corinne5 said...

Yeah congrats to you! I am the mother of two boys and boys are sweet but also busy! hope you find a perfect name!

corinne5xxx

2/19/2006 01:32:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YAY! I love boy babies! Congrats to you both!!!

And BTW...I like Scott. (My husband's name.) Or Ryan or Tyler, but those will not fly at my house--the names of two previous boyfriends before DH!) : )

Again, congratulations!

2/19/2006 03:50:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congrats!!

2/19/2006 04:48:00 AM  
Blogger Kip said...

Congratulations- you look VERY happy!!!!

Kip

2/19/2006 05:17:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Congratulations!!!

BTW, you look FAB!

2/19/2006 03:23:00 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Congratulations! Life with a boy is an exciting adventure!

2/19/2006 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

So exciting!! Congratulations to you and your husband! I was convinced our first was a girl, and when we had the ultraound and the technician said it was a boy I said, "Are you sure??" I didn't know anything about boys! But now I do! ; )

3/05/2006 04:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home