Monday, May 08, 2006

Photoshoot and NSD

Today was National Scrapbooking Day! I stopped by the Bay Area Scrappers event to do a quick demo with the gals. It was so much fun to see everyone cropping. I am not a cropping sort of gal (I am a computer, printer and scanner scrapper), but I really loved looking over the shoulders of those talented ladies! Wow! The funniest thing was the "ugliest" LO contest. Definitely eye-opening... Thanks to Suzy for hosting!

Afterwards, David and I went to Elizabeth Gamble Gardens in Palo Alto for a pregnancy photoshoot a couple friends of ours. They took tons of photos in the afternoon light, some of which I show above. Looking at the photos, I realize just how big I have gotten, and how much the baby has really changed me. Some days, I really miss my old body. The one with which I can sit on the ground with both legs bent completely back and flat on the ground (I was pretty flexible in my day, but no more!). The one with which I could bend over and tie my shoelaces without tipping over. The one with which I could sleep a full night on my stomach. But life has changed so much since our baby joined us -- mostly for the better. I do sometimes miss the life we had before. I think my priorities are starting to shift as I contemplate moving from just being a married couple to a couple with a little one. As we end the journey in which we walked hand in hand alone and embark on this new phase in which we start a family, I am excited, though certainly anxious about the changes. Our house is starting to fill out with diapers, toys and more clothes for the little guy than I own! Two months and three days to go...

4 Comments:

Blogger corinne5 said...

You look absolutly gorgeous! enjoy the rest of your precnancy it will be over before you know it!

corinnexxx

5/08/2006 01:52:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Great pictures!!!! You look FAB!

5/08/2006 04:59:00 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Love the pregnancy photos...ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!
~~Nik

5/08/2006 06:26:00 AM  
Blogger Sofia said...

Beautiful pictures!

5/08/2006 01:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home