Thursday, March 23, 2006

Wow! On getting Honorable Mention in the CK Hall of Fame...

I cannot believe it! It was 3am in our hotel room in Rome, and I got a call from my sister. She chatted with David for a few minutes (I was sick as a dog and sleeping) and then he turned to me and said, "You won Honorable Mention in the CK Hall of Fame!" I guess they announced it the day we left for our baby-moon about a week ago, so I totally missed all of the excitement. Email has been really spotty, and I have been really sick for the past few days... It is so unreal... Honestly, I really did not have time to finish my entry this year since it overlapped so much with CHA Winter. I was strapped to get everything in order for the show, so I kept putting off my entry over and over. And in the end, I procrastinated so much that I did 4 of the 10 LOs on the last day before it was due and then FedExed it on Wednesday for the Thursday deadline. There were 6 wonderful works of art that I loved, and then 4 sort of so-so LOs I pulled together at the last second.... I promise that next year I would get started earlier. So I always say! I wonder if they select based on that one awesome LO you had or the whole entry. I will have to find out and let you know... I saw the list of winners and HMs, and they are amazing. I am so humbled to even be considered as part of this group with my last minute efforts. And I have LOs I really love. The ironic thing is that I have not touched my scrapbooking supplies since I entered the contest. I was sort of depressed that I did not finish out all 10 LOs as perfectly as I had hoped and the preparations for our new lines of CHA Summer products have kept me so busy that I cannot even think about scrapping. But with this trip over, I will have several hundred new photos to scrap! HOF 2007, here I come... :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

Congratulations again!

And hope that you feel better soon!

3/23/2006 05:15:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Congrats again!! Feel better soon!

3/23/2006 07:42:00 AM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

Hey, we went to Italy for our babymoon, too! Congrats on the HM!! Can't wait to see your work!

3/23/2006 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

congrats!!!

3/24/2006 02:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home