Wednesday, June 28, 2006

70% effaced, not yet dilated - 8 days to go...

We had another doctor's appointment on Wednesday. He said I was 70% effaced and not yet dialated. So as the doctor said, "The baby can come anytime, so go home and get ready." I am not sure whether to be excited or worried. I have a list of things to do at least a mile long, and I am not making as much progress as I would like. We also just finished renovating our house on Tuesday (both bathrooms and all three room closets, talk about cutting it close!), so you can imagine the crazy amount of stuff we have dug out to have that done. Then we had to clear out the baby's room of boxes we had stored back there just to get the crib in. Unfortunately, as I go through the stuff I realized that some of the boxes are of stuff we had not looked at since we moved in nearly 4 years ago! Ugh! Perhaps I should just close them and donate them as is. :) So three car loads of donations later and much more in boxes by the door, we have a cleared out room, but now I feel like there is a garage sale in my living room. And the pain I am in makes it almost impossible for me to stand up much less bend over to sort things. I am barely sleeping (I feel like I am being kicked in the stomach every time I move), and I am exhausted. As someone who values planning, to-do lists, and appointments, it is so hard to wait for the little guy to be ready to go. "Anyday now" is not exactly easy to fit into my life. But I think it is just preparation for life as a parent. Regardless, next Monday, we are inducing, so either way, there is an end date. So if you do not hear from me until the 10th, I am in the hospital giving birth... Luckily, I am done with all of the Maya Road new lines for the CHA show! So our 90+ products are ready to make their debut! I cannot wait until you see them... Chipboard, rub-ons, ribbons, tins, and so much more! Sorry I will not make it to CHA Summer due to the little guy's arrival, but I will be there in spirit...

5 Comments:

Blogger SageHen said...

Happy pushing!

7/03/2006 06:21:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby!!!!!

7/03/2006 08:13:00 AM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

Thinking happy baby thoughts for you!! Good luck and hope it happens soon!

7/03/2006 01:59:00 PM  
Blogger nic said...

Good luck for everything Deborah! I'll be thinking of you for CHA and I'll be thinking happy baby thoughts too.
Best of luck.
Nic

7/05/2006 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

GIANT HUGS! Remember, drugs are you friend..... ;)

7/05/2006 04:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home