Sunday, June 25, 2006

Two weeks and counting...

Okay, I am about 16 days away from the due date. The doctor says that it could be any day now since the window for delivery is between 38 and 41 weeks. We picked an induction date right around the due date just in case, so that David can go to CHA Summer, but it is cutting it very, very close. Here are 5 ways I know that I am close to giving birth:
  1. I am totally nesting. I am cleaning night and day. I mean really cleaning. I cleaned out the hall closet (can you believe it?) and inside of the hutch and so many places I have not ever been. On the bright side, there is now more space for baby stuff... :)
  2. I am about to tip over. I feel like the baby is going to tip me over soon. I am jutting out so far that I am bumping into things like walls, doors and the like. Not good...
  3. I am snapping at my husband. Okay, so sometimes he deserves it, but still, I am constantly worried he will not have time for the baby. If only he would take out the trash more often or put away the dishes. Then I can be sure...
  4. I am sleeping less and less. The baby is kicking night and day, and I am not really able to sleep for more than a couple hours at a time anymore. Ugh.
  5. I am almost looking forward to labor because then this pregnancy will finally be over, and I can stop waddling about. And I can save a ton of time trying to figure out how to put on my sneakers and socks.

I wonder if I will ever look back on these days fondly. I told David that this is going to be our one and only child since I cannot possibly voluntarily go through this again. He hopes I will forget... But I am not counting on it... :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

Nesting is no guarantee, sorry. I never nested. LOL! Yeah, supposedly you do forget cause as soon as your "baby" gets old enough, you start seeing other babies around and you miss the newborn stage, you start talking about having another one.....vicious cycle! ;) But soooooo worth it!

6/26/2006 04:31:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How exciting that you are getting so close. You'll love it when your little one comes out,and yes, you will forget about all what you are going through now, because I know I did, and now the "baby bug" has bitten again. Good luck with your delivery when it happens. :)

6/26/2006 06:06:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

You are getting SOOOO close!!!!! Praying that you have an easy delivery and a VERY healthy baby!

6/26/2006 07:51:00 AM  
Blogger alecia*grimm said...

how exciting! It's almost time. I remember feeling the same way at the end of my pregnancies... hang in there!!

6/26/2006 08:41:00 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Such an exciting time! Best of luck to you!!!!!

6/26/2006 04:25:00 PM  
Blogger corinne5 said...

aaaaah believe me you will forget as soon as you hold your bundle of joy into your arms!

corinnexxx

6/28/2006 01:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home