Sunday, March 25, 2007

Pet Peeve...

I am kind of annoyed right now. C and I work hard to come up with new ideas to launch each show, and we have brought some new and fun ideas to market. We toil for weeks to come up with cool stuff with a Maya Road twist. And it is great fun. But recently someone stared copying our stuff. I do not mean like imitation, I mean like copy. And it irritates me. Go ahead and be "inspired" by us. I mean, if you think of a cool new idea for a chipboard book shape, great!! I might even buy one or two. But there is one company just outright ripping off our designs. At first it was a few things. Now they are adding to their list. They even brazenly come to our booth at the shows and study our products. Then they not only try to make the same thing, they do it in a cheapo sort of way. So it is of inferior quality, but they are of the same design and dimensions. We are not the only company they are doing this to, and it annoys the heck out of me. It takes time and money to develop new products, so they are trying to save money by stealing. We try to keep our prices low for customers by focusing on the products and doing almost everything ourselves, but stuff like this makes it harder for us and other manufacturers to make the products you know and love. Anyhow, enough of the rant. Jonathan had a great weekend with us. We hung out and played and just did family stuff. Here are few photos for you. I know I post a lot of J photos on my blog, but it is mainly because his grandparents and other relatives like to come here and see what he is up to. Jonathan and a book from his friend, Hannah. It is his favorite book.

This is J and me at playgroup at Elijah's house. He hated napping in Elijah's bed (hard as a rock), so I brought him back down and hang with me as we ate. And he was so tired, he sort of just fell asleep there.

And our future computer geek in the making...
Until later... Have a great week!

9 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

GIANT HUGS! You'll always still be first and best! Keep the pictures coming - he's adorable!

3/26/2007 04:06:00 AM  
Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

He is such a cutie, there is something about buttons that draws children in, be glad it's not the remote for now.

3/26/2007 04:22:00 AM  
Blogger jeannie said...

ITA with you. I support you by boycotting that company.
(((hugs)))

3/26/2007 06:59:00 AM  
Blogger Andrea Wiebe said...

i'm so sorry to hear about the *copying* :( that is sad news!
but those pics sure make me smile...too adorable :)

3/26/2007 09:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have every right to be angry. Can you not tell us who they are as we could then boycott buying their products?

Michelle
South Africa

3/26/2007 03:02:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy Harris said...

Another interesting post on the same topic. Rip offs in this industry have to stop.

See Janis's post at timeless touches.

3/26/2007 07:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh...is he holding Barnyard Dance?!?!
I have that book memorized as it is my son's favourite too! :-)

3/28/2007 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Tam, I am said...

OH a man after my own heart! Your future computer geek picture is so adorable! I love my BB too!

4/11/2007 06:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your annoyance, it is very understandable. Your son is adorable!

4/26/2007 08:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home