Sunday, April 22, 2007

Just a few thoughts...

I took Jonathan to the doctor for his 9 month appointment this week, and he lost 1 lb in the last 4 weeks! I am a bit worried since he seemed to have just gone through the stomach flu and teething and is losing weight. All of this is not good for a developing baby... :( He also just started to crawl and cruise, so I bet he is burning a lot of calories. And the whole not eating as much thing due to the teething and sickness is bad. I was SO sure I would stop nursing this week after the appointment, but the doctor asked me to continue until 1 year for his sake. So back to the pump I go... David has taken to feeding him constantly stuff like yogurt, cheese and such. The doctor suggested adding butter and olive oil to all of his food, but we are not huge fans. We did add a little olive oil onto the bread, but that is about it. I also found out that Jonathan has Stahl's ear. (love how the article says "Orientals"). I had the same Spock ear syndrome when I was born, and my mom rolled it back. My dad used to say that I had it because she watched too much Star Trek... :) (since David is such as sci-fi fan, I guess the same could be said for J) Mom rolled it back for me, butI have been sort of slow getting on fixing J's ear. So I started taping it down to roll it back forward. Here is a few cute photos of J as he is crawling about. He will crawl only for cords (Xbox controllers, a digial scale cord), electronics (cell phones, blackberries) and paper (especially scrapbooking magazines and taxes). Never for toys. Who knows why? I took a couple of shots of J watching for Daddy to come home... He likes looking out the window to see the cars go by. I am deep into finalizing the summer products. My friend Susan's hubby named our newest item, and he is a tech geek. So there is a hint for you. I cannot wait to show you all! It matches a lot of what we have now so you can coordinate... Time flies so quickly! We have such awesome things happening at MR. Some of it is product and some of it is different. But all of it will make your scrapping easier and more fun. Promise!

4 Comments:

Blogger GREETJE said...

Everything will be OK with your litlle boy kids have that now and than loosing weight.He looks great so don't be afraid about that.
When he starts walking he is loosing weight again.
I hope this will help.
He is GREAT
Greetje

4/22/2007 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Shirley said...

he looks fantastic! the weight does fluctuate but would try doiing what the ped said about the extra fat - they still do need it at this stage

4/24/2007 06:21:00 AM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

he's looking great!! hope he'll love his food soon :)

4/25/2007 05:18:00 AM  
Blogger Julie Overby said...

Can't wait to see what you're creating!!!

Cuteness photos! You will be so glad that you kept up the nursing. It's hard when you're busy. Just 3 more months! You can do it!!!

5/04/2007 08:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home