Thursday, October 26, 2006

My guys...

I am departing from my normal path. Today I started working on a mini album for David and Jonathan. It is really a bit step for me since I am such a 12x12 kinda gal. So here are a sampling of the photos I am using. They are so cute together. As a matter of fact, David is sitting on the couch right now feeding Jonathan and falling asleep holding the bottle. A few cute things about David and his little one:
  • D's nickname for J is "bao bao" - the Chinese word for treasure.
  • Last night D got miffed because I turned off the light in J's room. Turns out D wanted to stand there and watch J fall asleep.
  • D secretly thinks J is the smartest, cutest and most wonderful baby in the world. He does not tell our friends with babies that, of course, but he thinks it. In fact, all other babies are only "almost" as cute or smart.
  • Often I reach out to pick up J from D's arms, and he hold J and turns like he is going to steal J away. He said he just wants to hold J a little longer since I get to hold him all day.
  • D has done all of the late night feedings nearly from the start. He grabs a bottle of breastmilk from the fridge, heats it up, and sits down to play with J as he eats.
  • When J used to have trouble sleeping in the first few weeks, D stayed up hour upon hour trying to get him to stop crying and go to sleep.
  • D sings these silly Mandarin songs to J from a CD my MIL bought. It never fails to make J laugh to hear the one about the cricket that is using the snail's back as a slide and a leaf as a swing.
  • Many evenings, I find D asleep on the couch with J lying on his chest playing with his fists and chatting to himself. J likes to "hang" with his Daddy even if Daddy is totally dead asleep from an early morning feedings. It is all good except one night J flipped himself off of D's chest and under the coffee table. :)
  • D is an expert burper for J. Sometimes, D comes home from work, and I find spots of spit up on his shirt or jacket. I wonder what the guys at the office think of the spoiled milk look...

I better call it a night. D and J are asleep together after a good bottle of breastmilk and burping session, so I need to get them ready for bed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow! I love all these little observations - so cute! Sounds like you've got yourself a great man!! :D

10/26/2006 02:35:00 AM  
Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

What wonderful pictures, he does have one of those faces you could just nibble on all the time. The book is something David will treasure forever.

10/26/2006 04:27:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Love the pictures! Definitely a keeper that hubby of yours! :)

10/26/2006 06:25:00 AM  
Blogger Andrea Wiebe said...

Deb - what wonderful memories to treasure...your dh will LOVE the mini book. i made my dh one and he keeps it with him in his work truck...it is well worn from loving hands.

10/26/2006 08:39:00 AM  
Blogger SmileyCarrie said...

Awww what adorable pictures! I hope that your journalling here is for your book.. amazing memories :)

10/27/2006 06:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour!!!
Merci for giving me your address!
I'm fond of your babe's pics!
Oh yummy they are! too cute! ;o)
they are too mignons!
wow!
;o)

10/27/2006 01:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

added your blog link to mine.

10/27/2006 01:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home