Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Getting naked in church and other fun things...

We attended a wedding on Saturday and J was SO hot in the church. There was no a/c so he started to fuss. So once the ceremony ended, we stripped J out of his little flannel shirt and pants and cute sweater vest and put him in a cheap onsie we had stashed in his diaper bag. I caught this photo over the pew... :) I read C's random facts, so I thought I would write my own:
  1. I am a total night owl. Who goes to bed before 2 am anyhow? Mornings are not my strong suit. It gets so bad that the CTO makes fun of me at the 8am meetings he sets up. He actually tries to ask me pointed questions just to see if I can make coherent sentences. It was particularly bad when I was pregnant and half asleep for like 5 months... :) Early morning meetings passes for hazing in Silicon Valley...
  2. I am addicted to crime and medical drama tv shows that do not require you to watch week after week. Low commitment stuff like Law and Order, CSI, House, and Cold Case. David and I like to pretend we are the anonymous couple at the beginning of L&O who discover a body in some random place. We are walking around and turn a corner and go, "What is that? Oh my gosh, call the police." and then we start the theme song "Da da da dum dum!"
  3. I am an NPR junkie. I listen to it for like 5 to 6 hours a day, especially Morning Edition, All Things Considered and Marketplace. D and I joke that it is National Propaganda Radio (I am a conservative), but I love it! And when "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" comes on the weekends, I have heard nearly every story, so I always beat D on the Lightening Fill In The Blank...
  4. I am obsessive compulsive when it comes to eating. I get on a kick and just eat that for a long time. I went on a Quiznos phase back at the beginning of my pregnancy with their grilled chicken sub. Then it was Subway (still sans cold cuts), and now it is prosciutto with low fat Swiss on peasant bread with a side of tomato and mozzarella salad. I eat it for lunch 4x a week! And I top it off with a bit of Cookies and Cream ice cream, especially Cyclone by Breyers. There was the clementine phase, the orange phase, the strawberry phase, and so on.
  5. I am a terrible housekeeper. It is like a hurricane hit our house. I am barely able to keep up with everything going on including MR and Jonathan. I mean, stuff everywhere. My mind is usually on other things, so the clutter does not bother me. But I do not like things dirty. So even when I was 8 months pregnant, I was scrubbing the tub on my hands and knees and waddling around doing laundry including all of the towels and sheets.
  6. I love Cantopop and Country music. Cantopop is Chinese love songish stuff from Hong Kong, like Jackie Cheung, Emil Chau, Andy Hui, etc. And I love Country music of all types. I got into the Country stuff because I used to drive from Duke back to my parent's house. And in between NC and GA, there are stretches of lonely highway that you can only get Christian and Country stations. So I listened to both, but come gospel and old hymn hour, I always had to switch to Country.
  7. I cannot spell. I mean seriously, it is a learning-disability type thing. I am hopeless in spelling even though I was a really good student. I just cannot figure out how to spell things even if I have done it a thousand times. It is like I have a mental block of some sort. Everything looks like it is spelled wrong to me. And I cannot figure out why.
Enough about me. Today is my mom's birthday! Happy birthday, Mom!

7 Comments:

Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

Happy birthday to your Mom!!!!!!
I can't spell either, and it always looks like a hurricane hit my house but as long as nothing jumps out of the mess and grabs me I'm ok with that, and I love Country music, maybe it's a southern thing I don't know (I grew up in the south). But a I am always asleep by 2am I'm an early to bed late to rise type person.

10/31/2006 04:32:00 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Omgoodness! I love that picture you "snuck" over the pew! Too cute!

10/31/2006 04:34:00 AM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Happy birthday to your mom! Love the picture. "I love Cantopop and Country music" - MAJOR contradiction there! ;) Aren't you supposed to be into technopop or something? hee hee hee

10/31/2006 04:51:00 AM  
Blogger Jessica S. said...

Happy Birthday Audrey!!! I hope you have an awesome day! Love the pic of J!!! :)

10/31/2006 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Andrea Wiebe said...

love all of your facts...so fun! love the title of todays entry...such a cute picture! Happy birthday to your Mom!

10/31/2006 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Neat reading your 'facts'. Happy Bday to your Mom and what a CUTE photo! Getting nekkid in church, well it sounds kinda fun! Lucky babies can get away with it. LOL

10/31/2006 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger Lorrie said...

I love that fact that you take your camera to church. So do I... you never know when a good photo op is coming! lol!!

11/06/2006 02:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home