Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It is a sad sad world...

I am sad today. Something bad happened at work (day job) last night involving explosives. Luckily, no one was hurt, but it made me think about how sometimes the world is a crazy place. Why do people want to hurt each other? It is sad that there is some need in others to either play a prank or do something that can potentially cause another person harm. I think what the world needs a bit more of is emphathy. I was listening to a radio program by a reporter who interviewed teen gang members many of whom had stabbed or shot someone else. And one boy said that he had killed someone and not really thought twice about it. And the reporter said, "What if the person killed had been your sister or brother?" The teen thought for a moment and said, "I guess I just never let myself think about it that way." Anyhow, I am in a melancholy mood. The first full rains of the year are here, so we are in for a 4 month drench. And the end of maternity leave is coming, so it is back to work for me. I will miss little moments with Jonathan. It is hard to think about leaving him for nearly 10 hours a day. Here is a cute photo from last night. Right after we took the picture, he spit up all over his little jacket. Poor kiddo has really bad acid reflux.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

GIANT HUGS! Adorable picture!

11/02/2006 06:26:00 AM  
Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

4 months already where does the time go????

11/02/2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Andrea Wiebe said...

i'm so sorry to hear that you are having a sad day:(

the picture of Jonathan is adorable...as usual :)

11/02/2006 12:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! I know where that explosion incident was. =( I understand how upsetting that must be for you. Hopefully your co-workers were all okay. Enjoy your baby time, it is precious. :)

11/02/2006 11:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww such a beautiful face

11/03/2006 12:25:00 PM  
Blogger Lorrie said...

It is a really sad world. I hate the fact that this is all there is to offer my precious child in the future. Other than the hope in God that we teach her.
Your little pumpkin is TOOOOO cute!

11/06/2006 02:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home